Skip to main content

Gingerbread redux

I've been running GingerStreak of late and I'm not best pleased with the results. So I thought I'd try my hand at building Gingerbread for the Streak. Dell has helped out by actually releasing a working kernel. Just so I remember, here's how I put myself onto the latest released msm8660 build (gingerbread_house @ CodeAurora):

 repo forall -c git checkout M8660AAABQNLZA3620 

 Initially I just moved the original externals to a .aosp directory (e.g. bluetooth -> bluetooth.aosp) so that I could diff them, but the default build process still wants to build 'em. Looks like I'll have to move it outside the tree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess Python isn't so bad after all...

Not wanting to hassle with learning OpenCV and fighting with an edit-compile-execute environment, I decided to use my OpenCV project as an excuse to play around with Python.

I'm still a serious beginner, but I'm beginning to understand why it gets the use it does.

Anyhow, it only took a couple of days to integrate Tesseract OCR, PIL, and OpenCV such that I could open multi-frame TIFF images, perform some basic feature detection, and then use the output of feature detection to focus on a specific region for OCR.

I will admit to having a few false starts.  The first was that I used an older (C++) tutorial that was using some deprecated features of OpenCV and ignoring some other features.  For example, the tutorial was using Hough Line detection to find squares on a printed page.  In order to get to that point there was thresholding, dilating, eroding, inversion, flood filling and so on.  Even then I wasn't getting the correct results.

When I started over, I was using the old…

Getting closer

Discovered that the "toucan" config is distinct from the "austin" config and so can dump a bunch of
drivers.

Unfortunately it looks like I have to merge the Dell board config (board-qsd8x50_austin.c) with the latest generic board config from CodeAurora (board-qsd8x50.c).

Here's where I'm at so far:

corey@patches:~/msm$ git status # On branch gingerbread_rel # Changed but not updated: # (use "git add ..." to update what will be committed) # (use "git checkout -- ..." to discard changes in working directory) # # modified: arch/arm/mach-msm/Kconfig # modified: arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile # modified: arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/board.h # modified: arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/camera.h # modified: drivers/input/keyboard/Kconfig # modified: drivers/input/keyboard/Makefile # modified: drivers/input/misc/Makefile # modified: drivers/input/touchscreen/Kconfig # modified: drivers/input/touchscreen/Makefile # modified: dr…

Initial Speech Recognition App

I'm pretty impressed with Microsoft's System.Speech API.  It took less than 3 days to throw together a proof-of-concept application.  The hardest part was probably coming up with the grammar -- documentation for that is pretty thin on the ground.

Anyways, here's the application source code on GitHub if anyone wants a look:
ObserverLengthSampler project

If nothing else, I'd recommend it as a starting point for someone needing a number recognition SRGS grammar in an XML format.