Skip to main content

Getting closer

Discovered that the "toucan" config is distinct from the "austin" config and so can dump a bunch of
drivers.

Unfortunately it looks like I have to merge the Dell board config (board-qsd8x50_austin.c) with the latest generic board config from CodeAurora (board-qsd8x50.c).

Here's where I'm at so far:

corey@patches:~/msm$ git status
# On branch gingerbread_rel
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add ..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- ..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
# modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/Kconfig
# modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile
# modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/board.h
# modified:   arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/camera.h
# modified:   drivers/input/keyboard/Kconfig
# modified:   drivers/input/keyboard/Makefile
# modified:   drivers/input/misc/Makefile
# modified:   drivers/input/touchscreen/Kconfig
# modified:   drivers/input/touchscreen/Makefile
# modified:   drivers/leds/Kconfig
# modified:   drivers/leds/Makefile
# modified:   drivers/media/video/msm/Kconfig
# modified:   drivers/media/video/msm/Makefile
# modified:   drivers/media/video/msm/msm_camera.c
# modified:   drivers/media/video/msm/msm_io8x.c
# modified:   drivers/media/video/msm/msm_vfe8x_proc.c
# modified:   drivers/misc/Makefile
# modified:   drivers/power/Kconfig
# modified:   drivers/serial/msm_serial.c
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add ..." to include in what will be committed)
#
# arch/arm/configs/austin-perf_defconfig
# arch/arm/configs/current_defconfig
# arch/arm/mach-msm/board-msm8x60-smmu.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/board-qsd8x50_austin.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/bootloader.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/bt-rfkill.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/cust_mproc.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/filter.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/auo_touch.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/austin_hwid.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/bcom_fm.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/cover.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/custmproc.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/gsensor.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/lsensor.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/qsd_battery.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/sensors_daemon.h
# arch/arm/mach-msm/smd_rpc_sym.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/smmu_driver.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/smmu_driver_enum.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/tlmm-msm7200a.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/tlmm-msm8660.c
# arch/arm/mach-msm/tlmm-msm8660.h
# drivers/input/keyboard/i2ccapkbd.c
# drivers/input/keyboard/mutekey.c
# drivers/input/misc/cover.c
# drivers/input/misc/lsensor_austin.c
# drivers/input/misc/lsensor_austin.h
# drivers/input/misc/psensor-cm3603.c
# drivers/input/touchscreen/auo_touch.c
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov5642.c
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov5642.h
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov5642_1C.c
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov5642_1D.c
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov5642_af.h
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov5642_comm.c
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov7690.c
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov7690.h
# drivers/media/video/msm/ov7690_comm.c
# drivers/misc/pmem_kernel_test.c
# drivers/misc/reset/
# drivers/power/qsd_battery.c
# drivers/power/qsd_battery.h
# drivers/video/msm_austin/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess Python isn't so bad after all...

Not wanting to hassle with learning OpenCV and fighting with an edit-compile-execute environment, I decided to use my OpenCV project as an excuse to play around with Python.

I'm still a serious beginner, but I'm beginning to understand why it gets the use it does.

Anyhow, it only took a couple of days to integrate Tesseract OCR, PIL, and OpenCV such that I could open multi-frame TIFF images, perform some basic feature detection, and then use the output of feature detection to focus on a specific region for OCR.

I will admit to having a few false starts.  The first was that I used an older (C++) tutorial that was using some deprecated features of OpenCV and ignoring some other features.  For example, the tutorial was using Hough Line detection to find squares on a printed page.  In order to get to that point there was thresholding, dilating, eroding, inversion, flood filling and so on.  Even then I wasn't getting the correct results.

When I started over, I was using the old…

Initial Speech Recognition App

I'm pretty impressed with Microsoft's System.Speech API.  It took less than 3 days to throw together a proof-of-concept application.  The hardest part was probably coming up with the grammar -- documentation for that is pretty thin on the ground.

Anyways, here's the application source code on GitHub if anyone wants a look:
ObserverLengthSampler project

If nothing else, I'd recommend it as a starting point for someone needing a number recognition SRGS grammar in an XML format.